This past week Kosal went on vacation without me to Chicago. :) My brother Brent won a trip with his work for doing so well, and since his wife had a baby 5 or 6 weeks ago she thought it would be difficult to take a new baby along, not to mention finding sitters for 4 days and 3 nights for their other kids. So, Kosal was the lucky runner-up. They had a great time and hit up lots of the favorite tourist spots as well as several others. I think Kosal's favorite part was just getting away, and I am grateful my brother took him. Kosal needed a break!
When they got back, we went camping for a couple of days with both my brothers and their families. I'm not sure I'm a "happy camper". I love the idea of camping, but once I'm there, not so much. I hate no running water, no flushing toilets, bears and psychos that may be lurking outside my tent, standing guard at the campfire all day long so no kids fall in, peeing at night in the freezing cold (inevitable while 6 months pregnant although purposely drinking very little), and lots of bugs. However, I love the nature, the peacfulness, smores, being with family, and just "getting away". I'm glad I went, although I have been sick with the worst cold I have ever had and a possible sinus infection. It's nice to be with my family.
2 comments:
Adorable, adorable kiddos!
So, what you're saying is that you want to go camping when we're in Chicago?!?
Wow, you are a real trooper! I would never....
Post a Comment