Emma is officially two! Now I have two, two year olds. That sentence brings me much joy and much fear. Since Aaron’s birthday Emma has been claiming she was two anyway, so now she’s telling the truth when you ask her how old she is. She also had her 2 year doctor appointment Monday. She’s 33 ½ inches long and has finally hit 20 pounds. Yeah! The doctor actually warned me at her 18 month appointment that if she didn’t gain enough weight they might start doing some tests on her. So Monday after the appointment we were sent to the hospital to get her blood drawn. They are testing her for Celiac Disease among other stuff to see if that is why she is so skinny. I wasn’t worried at all, she acts healthy, and she looks healthy. Anyway the nurse called today to tell me they are still waiting on some of the results, that they should know more tomorrow. I was very frustrated by the end of the call as I will demonstrate.
ME: “So not all the results are back but what about the ones that are?”
NURSE: “Well, some of her levels are off; the doctor will call and talk to you about it as soon as he can.”
ME: “What do you mean off?! What’s off?”
NURSE: “That’s what the doctor will go over with you when he calls.”
ME: “Can’t you tell me anything”
NURSE: “I’m sorry. I don’t know. The doctor will call when he can.”
That’s the gist of it. Now I am worried and have been waiting for them to call back. Aargh!!
Anyway, more about my beautiful Emma. Have I mentioned that Emma is beautiful? She is! She’s got such spunk. Emma is also very shy around strangers, especially men. She loves her brother more than anything in the world though. They play together all day and never seem to get sick of it. She loves being tickled, and tickling back. She’s a great eater and will eat most anything. Her favorites are watermelon, strawberries, and pudding. Emma is also one of the grumpiest kids ever, I hope she grows out of it! (I’ve been saying that since she was born.) We love her so much and are so grateful she is part of our family.
5 comments:
Yeah!! Happy birthday Emma :) She is beautiful.
So, I'd be super ticked at the doctor's office...and even the nurse. It's like, why even bother calling you to tell you that she can't tell you anything? Duh! Please keep us updated. And hopefully everything will be ok--
Take Care
Tell that cutie patootie that Ashtyn wishes her a happy, happy birthday (cha, cha, cha). She adores Emma and every week when I ask about nursery, she has to mention first if Emma was there or not! Hopefully she's not bossing her around!
She's beautiful and petite! You really do have a gorgeous two year old!
Happy BIrthday Emma!
About that phone call, I'd been bugged too. IF they can't tell you, they might as well just said from the begining "They don't know"
HOpefully everythign turns out okay.
MY little katters is only 24 lbs and she just turned 3!
Happy Birthday Emma! I have always thought that she is exceptionally pretty.
Post a Comment