Monday, August 25, 2008

Vacation Aftermath

Okay, so the trip wasn't quite as bad as I thought it might go, but it wasn't all giggles. The drive was pretty good, the kids slept part of the time which helped alot. We also made 3 or 4 stops to and from to let the kids stretch their legs. As a sidenote, don't ever stop at the Burger King in Nephi, Ut. It was disgusting! There were flies everywhere and when I went to the restroom there was no soap in the dispenser! How are the employees washing their hands when there is no soap?! I was so grossed out we left right after. Anywho...Tuachan was awesome!!!! It was the best production of Les Miserables I have ever seen, including up at the Capital Theatre. Every performer was so strong vocally. I loved every part.
For those in my old neighborhood, I also ran into the Swensons (Dave and Shelly and a couple of their kids.) Reading the program I saw David Swenson (son) does all the sound for Tuachan. Neat.
The hotel was nice, getting the kids to sleep away from home was not so nice. they kept waking each other up. All in all is was a great mini trip though. Hopefully our next vacation will be longer. :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on a successful trip! I have a hard time doing it with my 1kid...so I fully applaud you. :) Sounds like you had a lot of fun, which is very good. :) Take Care.

Emily said...

I'm glad the trip went well. Sleeping away from home with kids is always interesting. I'm glad you liked the show. We really want to go see it.

Nathan and Jeanie Earl said...

OK, so I linked from Lindsey's and snooped at your blog. Luckily I wasn't blocked and loved seeing your beautiful kids! I agree on the BK; we stopped there too and the food was horrible, but Les Mes was the best. Even my boys were entertained and left singing the songs! They did an awesome job!!

Rach said...

I want to go see that so bad. Glad you guys had a good time. Hopefully we can go before it is over, Matt's parents live just down the street from Tuacahn so we would have a free place to stay :)

DeVries Family said...

I ditto EVERYTHING Jeanie said! Right down to the NASTY BK!!!!!