Monday, September 8, 2008

Adoption Day!

On September 10th we are celebrating our one year anniversary of "legally" adopting Aaron. We had had him for six months, but this is the day it became final. Yeah! This day was even better than the day he was born in some ways, I knew that after our court date that no one could ever try and take Aaron from us. It was a perfect day and I was so so so happy. We loved and appreciated that so many of our family came to court and supported us. It was the best day ever besides being sealed to Aaron.
We were sealed on the 18th (we had to wait until Brandis could come in town and be there for the sealing) I hope Brandis knew how much it meant for me to have her there. Also after the sealing, (on the temple grounds for pictures) our birthmom Cassie came and was able to see Aaron. It was incredible knowing we were an eternal family at last. After much trial and tribulation come the blessings. Aaron and Emma are my miracles, and I will forever be grateful to my Heavenly Father.

7 comments:

Katie said...

What a fun thing to celebrate! I'm so happy for you and your family. And you're right, those cute kiddos are miracles. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary!

Dani said...

Your experiences bring back so many memories for us. Congrats!

Rach said...

Congrats on a year. You have two cute kids.

The Nielsen Family said...

So cute!! I am so happy for your family. You guys deserve to be happy! (hope you dont mind me peeking at your blog- found it through Dani's!)
Candice

Nathan and Jeanie Earl said...

YEAH!! Just noticed you tagged me too on an older post...sorry I've been slacking! Gotta get on more! Did you try the princess thang? I think at the end there was something to copy and paste into a new post. Let me know if you need help! :

Brandis said...

you made me cry again!!! I love you, and I love your babies!!! I miss you guys! I am so grateful that I was able to share that day with you guys! It was such a beautiful experience!

DeVries Family said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Your kids are DARLING! Thanks for sharing the adpotion day experience...very sweet!