Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ruby Tuesday

So I was reading my friend Katie's blog and she posted about going to Taco Bell and ended up being ripped off by high prices. I wrote back about a recent experience Kosal and I had at Ruby Tuesday to warn her not to ever go there, and thought to myself that all my friends deserve to know in case they are thinking of going there.

Ruby Tuesday is a joke. We went because we had a coupon (which they ended up not accepting at that location.) They've recently remodeled and along with the remodel have upsized the prices and downsized the portions. Apparently square plates are really expensive.
Kosal got a hamburger, I got BBQ Chicken and the salad bar (a one time trip to the sald bar, it's not unlimited and it's not that great either) so I could share with the kids. The total with tip was $30!!!I am not making this up. The hamburger was $9.50. If I didn't have so much pride we would have left after seeing the menu prices.
PS
The portion sizes wouldn't feed my two one year olds. Biggest rip-off ever!!!!!!!

Sorry in advance if you like the place, I did not.

4 comments:

Shari said...

Something to add to Resturants. Better check your recipet when it clears the bank. Ive caught two people now giving themselves an extra big tip off my debt card. One was a ten dollar tip on a 5.00 purchase. Like anyone would do that. You should have heard all the reasons of how she thought something like that could have happened. So be careful. I wonder how many Ive let go through. No wonder my bank account never has money. Just kidding.

DeVries Family said...

I am right there with ya sister! We just plain can't afford to eat out , especially with our kids! They eat more than kids meal portions now and honestly, I don't like making snacks for the ride home!!!!! Ruby Tuesday has crap service too...we'll stick with the $ menu once a month!

Brandis said...

ha ha maybe I'm just accustomed to Chicago prices, but $9.50 for a burger just isn't that bad...sad that I think that way now...

Jessica said...

Hey Julie, it's nice finding you on blogger, it's so fun seeing everyone from the good ol' days again. Your kids are adorable.

That sucks that service was bad, but I have to agree with Brandis. I too have come to accept 9.50 as the norm for a burger here in the land of extreme prices. But still, they sound crappy.

You can check out our blog, jgtatkinson.blogspot.com

Jessica Atkinson (Eckerdt)